Back to Blog
Shopping on Black Friday? No Thanks!
Black Friday might offer some incredible deals, but sifting through pushy crowds and messy bins isn't a picnic. No matter how great the savings are, we're sure there are plenty of other things you'd prefer to be doing. In fact, we put together a list of the 15 things you'd rather do than go Black Friday shopping.
1. Listen to your niece or nephew perform "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on his or her recorder, over and over again. Little Johnny keeps having trouble with that one note, still not as annoying as the sound of shrieking women wrestling over a 90% off sweater.
2. Call all your exes for "closure."
3. Visit the DMV. We're sure those lines are shorter.
4. Clean out your shower drains.
5. Go to the dentist for a root canal, wisdom tooth removal, or just to listen to the drill.
6. Spend a day getting solicited by various protestors asking for donations. Maybe if you're quiet they won't know you're home.
7. Make a phone call to your internet and cable provider. You know you'll spend the same amount of time waiting in line in the cold to enter a store on Black Friday.
8. Redo your worst Thanksgiving. You know, the one where the in-laws didn't stop fighting, Uncle Craig spewed derogatory comments to everyone at the table, and it took a week to get Little Susie to stop crying about murdering the turkey.
9. Tell all the kids in your family the truth about Santa Claus. The wrath from your family members is nothing compared to the wrath from strangers when you snatch the last big screen TV.
10. Drink orange juice after brushing your teeth. It's the same bad taste as seeing people shove each other for a bargain. It's the holidays, where's the humanity?!
11. Give up coffee….maybe not. Ok, possibly an hour with only decaf.
12. Take up a job as one of those corner sign spinners. At least the extra cash will help offset the regular price you'll have to pay for gifts.
13. Put together a roomful of furniture using only the tiny Allen wrench included in the installation kit.
14. Spend time with family and friends even if they drive you crazy. That's what the holidays are for, not for arguing with strangers and getting shoved in crowded stores.
15. Play and win at the Isle Casino® Black Hawk. Nothing bad about this suggestion! We're hosting a $15,000 Black Friday Giveaway on Friday, November 25, from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Participants can take home up to $5,000. You'll receive one free entry then additional entries for every 100 tier points earned. The prize giveaways are as follows: 3 p.m. $2,000; 5 p.m. $3,000; 7 p.m. $2,000; 9 p.m. $3,000; and 11 p.m. $5,000.